Advertisers who use BookBub Ads to promote books to BookBub and Chirp members must adhere to the policies outlined below. BookBub Ads campaigns run at BookBub’s sole discretion. This means that BookBub may remove ads at any time for any reason, including but not limited to violations of the policies below. Please contact the BookBub Partners team if you have any questions about these policies and how they might apply to your campaigns.
- Promote ebooks, audiobooks, or print books. Advertisers are only permitted to use BookBub Ads to promote books and grow their BookBub followings. Any other content is not currently eligible for promotion unless explicitly approved by BookBub. Advertisers must be affiliated with all books they promote via BookBub Ads.
- Promote only English-language titles. BookBub does not support languages other than English at this time, and will remove ads promoting books in other languages.
- No lead generation. Advertisers are not permitted to run ads designed to collect email addresses, promote mailing lists, drive app downloads, or otherwise generate leads from BookBub or Chirp’s audience.
- No inflammatory content. Advertisers are not permitted to promote content that BookBub deems harmful, hurtful, or disrespectful to specific people or groups of people. Creative that BookBub deems highly polarizing, insensitive, or inflammatory is also not permitted.
- No competitive content. Advertisers are not permitted to promote content, services, or activities contrary to BookBub or Chirp’s competitive positions, interests, or advertising philosophies.
- Adult content requires proper targeting. Within the limits described here, BookBub permits adult content in ads when targeted at the right members. As a general rule, advertisers should target ads that include adult content at readers or listeners who have indicated an interest in this content by their category or author selections. More specifically, BookBub does not permit ads that show individuals engaged in sexual acts unless these ads are targeted at the Erotic Romance or Dark Romance and Erotica categories, or to fans of authors who write books that fall into these categories. BookBub does not allow creative that displays graphic nudity in any cases. BookBub may remove advertisements containing adult content if the targeting does not adhere to these guidelines.
- No incorrect or out-of-date information. BookBub may remove advertisements that include or imply incorrect or out-of-date information. This includes any false statements in the advertising copy, incorrect pricing, incorrect or broken links, and other aspects of the advertising creative.
- No misleading ad images. Advertisers are not permitted to run ads that mislead BookBub or Chirp members, either through their general appearance or their content. This includes ads that imitate the layout, design, or general appearance of a BookBub Featured Deal or Chirp Audiobook Deal.
- No profanity. Profanity is not permitted in BookBub Ads creative. Profanity in book titles is strictly limited to appropriately targeted audiences.
- No low-quality images. BookBub may remove ad creative that is blurry, is pixelated, includes misspellings, or contains other obvious mistakes or errors.
- Use of other authors’ names is permissible. Advertisers are free to compare the books they’re promoting to comparable authors. However, the image must make it clear that the comparable author is not the author of the advertised book.
Ad Targeting & Click-through Links
- Target appropriate audiences. BookBub may remove ads that promote books to audiences that do not have access to them or are inappropriate for their content, such as in the cases of adult content outlined above.
- No links to unsupported regions. Links to retailers or other websites in regions BookBub does not support are not permitted. Supported regions include the US, the UK, Canada, Australia, and India.
- No links to downloadable items. Links directly to pdf files, image files, zip files, other downloadable items, or URLs that are not html-based web pages are prohibited.
- Adhere to all relevant laws. Advertisers are responsible for understanding and following all relevant laws and regulations that pertain to their advertisements. BookBub may remove any advertisements it finds in violation of laws.
- Reader relationship policy. BookBub will remove any ads that may negatively affect its relationship with BookBub and Chirp members.