Today we have exciting news: Beginning this morning, we’re sending BookBub readers email alerts about new releases by their favorite authors. These New Release Alerts will include links to purchase the book immediately on retail sites or to bookmark it on BookBub for purchase later.
Here is an example:
New Release Alerts will be sent to BookBub readers, just like Featured Deals. But there are a few important differences:
- New Release Alerts are free. They will be sent automatically for all books and novellas confirmed as new releases by BookBub.
- New Release Alerts are not subject to BookBub’s editorial selection process. Any confirmed new release will be sent, which means that any author releasing new books can take advantage of this feature.
- New Release Alerts are sent to an author’s BookBub followers. The more followers an author has on BookBub, the more readers will get their alerts, and the more books they’ll sell. To help authors keep track of followers, authors’ follower counts are now displayed in their BookBub Partner Dashboards after they claim their Author Profile.
How to Take Advantage of New Release Alerts
We’re still testing New Release Alerts, and we expect them to change in the coming months, but we hope they will become a powerful way for authors and publishers to sell new full-priced books. Here’s how to get started:
Authors: Make sure your new releases are approved for New Release Alerts. Here’s how:
- Claim your Author Profile on BookBub. Before giving you access to your profile, we need to confirm your identity. To start that process, claim your profile here.
- Check your book. Once you have access to your profile, log in to your Partner Dashboard, click the Author Profile link in the left column, then look for your new book. If it’s listed, BookBub’s team will verify that it meets our New Release Alert guidelines before its publication date or within seven days of adding the book. If it meets the guidelines, the alert will be scheduled.
- Add your book. If your book isn’t listed on your Author Profile, you can add it. Click the Add Book button on your Author Profile to search for the book, then add it. Once it’s added with a release date, it will be submitted for verification by BookBub, as described in the guidelines.
Publishers: There are two ways publishers can make sure they’re taking advantage of New Release Alerts:
- Encourage your authors to claim their profiles. You can do this by sending them to this page: https://partners.bookbub.com/authors?nr=true
- Improve your metadata. BookBub collects data for New Release Alerts from third-party sources like Bowker. By ensuring that your data feeds are up-to-date and accurate, you’ll make sure that as many of your books as possible get BookBub New Release Alerts.
Want to share the news? Here are ready-made tweets:
Click to tweet: Introducing @BookBub New Release Alerts – http://bit.ly/1RRTrfj #publishing #bookmarketing
Click to tweet: #Authors – See how to take advantage of @BookBub’s New Release Alerts to promote your new books! http://bit.ly/1RRTrfj