Today we’re thrilled to announce a new way for our partners to promote an upcoming release: BookBub Preorder Alerts! A Preorder Alert is a dedicated email to an author’s BookBub followers announcing that one of the author’s books is available for preorder.
We know preorders are an extremely important part of the sales cycle for many authors and publishers. And since launching New Release Alerts last year, our readers have told us they want to hear more from the authors they love. So we’re excited to launch Preorder Alerts as a premium offering, initially available in the US only to any authors with over 1,000 followers on BookBub. Here’s an example of a Preorder Alert:
Some of the benefits of BookBub Preorder Alerts include:
- They’re highly targeted. A Preorder Alert is sent only to readers who have chosen to follow that author on BookBub, ensuring you’re reaching an active and engaged audience of readers.
- They’re cost-effective. Preorder Alerts cost $0.02 per eligible US follower. BookBub readers have demonstrated significant interest in this type of content, leading to ROI-positive campaigns for most of our test partners.
- They drive sales. Many of our test partners have driven hundreds of sales through their Preorder Alerts. They’ve seen success across multiple preorder price points, from $0.99 to $14.99.
- They’re flexible. You can send a Preorder Alert for any eligible book with a release date more than seven days in the future. The date of the email send is entirely up to you, and there’s no editorial review or selection process involved.
- They’re easy as pie. You can set up and manage your Preorder Alerts through your partner dashboard, using a simple form.
We’ve heard great things from early testers of Preorder Alerts:
In the constantly evolving digital space, Kensington is always looking for the most successful ways to reach readers and build author brands. We’ve found that BookBub’s marketing tools have been very successful in doing this, and the new Preorder Alerts are an exciting addition as well as a great way to build pre-pub buzz and sales.
I’m thrilled with BookBub’s Preorder Alerts. They’re a valuable and focused way to reach readers and ensure they never miss out on a release.
Want to get started with Preorder Alerts?
As always, we’d love to hear your feedback on this new book marketing tool! Please leave comments below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org any time.
Want to share this post? Here are ready-made tweets:
Click to tweet: Introducing @BookBub Preorder Alerts – http://bit.ly/2qhvlUD #publishing #amwriting
Click to tweet: BookBub has launched a new marketing tool allowing authors and publishers to easily drive preorder sales! http://bit.ly/2qhvlUD